RenewIT 12 month meeting – Barcelona
October 7, 2014
RenewIT has reached the end of its first twelve months and looked back on very successful progress throughout the first year with a technical meeting followed by a two-day general meeting.
These events, from 30th September to 3rd October, were hosted by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center. We were able to visit their famous MareNostrum, the most powerful supercomputer in Spain and one of the most powerful in Europe, housed in an old royal chapel.
The work in the first year lays a very good foundation for the rest of the project:
- The technical concepts and metrics which will be the basic for RenewIT’s results have been laid out.
- The testbench and other infrastructure is in place
- Advanced technical concepts have been worked out
- In-depth studies on the energy requirements and possibilities for renewable energy supplies in Data Centres have been published
- The routes to exploitation and the market have been identified
- Case study Data Centres have been accepted into the project
- An Advisory Board has been set up and is about to have its first webinar.
We are looking forward to the review meeting in November and the continuation of a successful project!