RenewIT represents Smart City Cluster at CGGDC
November 3, 2015
The RenewIT project (represented by 451 Research) attended a meeting in Vienna, Austria on the 3 November of the CEN/CENELEC/ETSI European Coordination Group on Green Data Centres (CG GDC).
The meeting covered a range of standards issues relevant to the RenewIT project and the Smart City Cluster including:
- The ongoing development of the European Code of Conduct and its integration with EN50600
- EN 50600 Data Centre Design and operation standard
- Renewable Energy Factor (REF) metric. The Cluster can provide guidance and support in developing mechanisms for the accurate measurement of this increasingly important metric.
- Limitations of Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) metric
- Actions and initiatives by the Green Grid including the Data Centre Maturity Model.
There are a number of follow up actions from the meeting which will have benefits for both the ongoing work of CGGDC and the aims of the Cluster.